“I had a prestigious law degree and worked for the best law firm in the country, but I wasn’t happy.”
Today’s guest is Ali Shanti, also known as Alexis Neely. She is a personal finance expert who graduated first in her class from Georgetown Law School. She found that she was compromising her greatest gifts in the name of success and discovered her unique genius is in guiding others to discover theirs!
“When people build their life and business into alignment, a lot of what is really work can look like play.”
Ali has built multiple multi-million dollar entrepreneurial endeavors both online and offline and has written a best-selling book. She has appeared on numerous TV shows and now lives a New Economy life in partnership with her ex-husband, two kids, and her extended chosen family. She runs her two businesses, both of which are totally location-independent, and this allows for much travel in her life.
Be sure to subscribe to the show to get your FREE automatic notifications and listen in on your phone when each new episode goes live!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Ali’s current business ventures include the New Law Business Model (for lawyers) and Eyes Wide Open Life, for non-lawyer entrepreneurs.
- Ali’s mission is to help people come into the right relationship with their time, money, and how they get paid.
- After three years of being a lawyer, she realized she wasn’t making the impact she wanted and had no control over her schedule.
- From 2003 to 2006, her law practice became a million-dollar business.
- Ali built her 2nd million-dollar business (The Family Wealth Planning Institute) on the same model, but still worked all the time and sacrificed relationships in her life.
- She created “The Money Map” to discover what she really wanted, what it would cost to have it, and how much time it would require.
- Ali explains Money Dysmorphia: what it is and how it led her to make poor choices.
- Ali never wanted to be an entrepreneur; her dad was one who didn’t make it look good.
- Even though it seemed weird, Ali’s first step was to hire a coach, who subsequently introduced her to self-care.
- Hear Ali’s account of a roll of carpet on an LA freeway that led to a near-death experience that changed her life!
- Her self-care opened a channel for her to hear the voice in her head and pushed her on her entrepreneurial journey.
- Ali realized that making choices based on how much money it would make was NOT bringing her what she wanted.
- She established her 5 Levels of Desire: the minimum to be happy, the minimum to be of service, the preferred amount, no limits, and the NOW.
- She brought her income down, moved to a farm for a year, and then faced the decision of how to move forward.
- In August 2012, she left her old life behind, filed bankruptcy, and got a fresh start.
- She learned to put time, energy, and attention first in business instead of money; she learned in life to put herself first, her family second, and work third.
- Ali’s business model has 8 Entrepreneurial Archetypes with different revenue models. Ali explains.
- Her typical day begins with morning exercise, work from 10-5, dinner, and her kids.
- She is concentrating on freeing up blocks of time to create, write her next book, and launch her podcast.
- The best advice she’s ever received? From Mark Cuban: “Build your business from where you want to be, not from where you are now.”
- Who inspires you? “The women in my Mistress Mind group.”
- Her favorite book? Ali lists three! Check out our resource section below!
- Ali’s favorite motto: “Every conflict and every challenge is our greatest opportunity to be more of who we really are.”
Resources Mentioned on the Show:
www.moneymap.tv (Free gifts for NSWE listeners!)
Ali’s Book Recommendations:
The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk
The Gaia Codex by Sarah Drew
The Book of She by Sara Avant Stover
Did you enjoy this episode? Share your feedback…
Thank you for joining us for this episode! If you loved this episode, be sure to let us know by leaving an honest rating and review for the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more women entrepreneurs who want to design a business and life they love, find this resource and community!
Join us in the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook group…
Join our New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook Community to connect with like-minded women entrepreneurs from around the world who want to design a business and life they love! Click here to request access to this private Facebook group.