“You can only increase your productivity SO MUCH; be more productive, but consider delegating some of your tasks to others.”
Today’s guest is Laura Roeder, the founder of Meet Edgar, the new social media management and scheduling tool. Since 2009, she’s been teaching entrepreneurs how to harness the power of social media marketing to create their own fame. Laura was named one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurs under 35 in 2011, 2013, and 2014. She has even been a featured speaker at the White House, and has appeared on numerous media channels and in various publications.
Be sure to subscribe to the show to get your FREE automatic notifications and listen in on your phone when each new episode goes live!
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How Laura always wanted to be an entrepreneur, and made that dream come true at age 22!
- Laura’s biggest challenge was about making choices; she left an opportunity that seemed “crazy” at the time, but turned out to be the right decision.
- Edgar generates revenue with software as a service and a monthly subscription business.
- Edgar began in 2014 and now generates $2.3 million per year!
- One of Laura’s biggest power moves was in building her incredible team to execute the vision far beyond her alone.
- In building her team, Laura asked, “Who do we need? What will it take to get this done?”
- Laura’s team currently consists of 17 full-time employees who work from home across the US and Canada.
- Her first hires were for customer service, technical services, and then free-lancers.
- Laura’s expertise in marketing has helped her create Edgar’s success:
- Position a product
- Build a team
- Create systems
- Find great people
- Starting a new business allows you to put all your great ideas into practice!
- Edgar’s social media scheduling and automation fills your queue with content in libraries, and then Edgar handles it and sends it to social media outlets.
- “You can only increase your productivity SO MUCH; be more productive, but consider delegating some of your tasks to others.”
- Laura’s typical day involves being off in the morning, and then working from home for a few hours in the afternoon while a nanny watches her young son.
- Laura’s favorite tools include Edgar, Slack, Google Hang-outs, Zoom, Trello, Flow, and Confluence.
- The best advice Laura ever received: “People don’t fail; systems do.”
- Who inspires Laura? Co-workers, friends, and other entrepreneurs
- A favorite book? Double Double by Cameron Herold
Did you enjoy this episode? Share your feedback…
Thank you for joining us for this episode! If you loved this episode, be sure to let us know by leaving an honest rating and review for the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more women entrepreneurs who want to design a business and life they love, find this resource and community!
Join us in the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook group…
Join our New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook Community to connect with like-minded women entrepreneurs from around the world who want to design a business and life they love! Click here to request access to this private Facebook group.