Today’s guest is a special friend and colleague, Sierra Sullivan. I met Sierra last year at a beautiful retreat in Costa Rica. She has a magnetism and passion for changing the lives of women and truly models what our show is all about! She helps women turn on their passion, pleasure, and purpose to experience ultimate fulfillment in life, love, and business.
“It’s one thing to go do your job and collect a paycheck; it’s another to put your ideas, mission, your face, your heart, and yourself on the line.”
Sierra is the founder of the Saratoga Women’s Fest and the former creator and publisher of The RAY magazine, a Los-Angeles based women’s lifestyle publication. Sierra is a previous advisory board member for the non-profit organization, Gather the Women Global Matrix. She has 15+ years’ experience working with women in helping them reclaim their power and passion in life. She offers her guidance and support through her circle gatherings, live experiences, workshops, motivational speaking, and private mentoring. She truly does amazing things!
“Sprinkle more fun, pleasure, and play into your daily life—and see what happens!”
“Comparison is the thief of joy.”
Be sure to subscribe to the show to get your FREE automatic notifications and listen in on your phone when each new episode goes live!
Listen to this episode to learn:
- It IS possible to live lives that are balanced and fun, where you CAN put yourself first!
- How Sierra’s entrepreneurial nature bloomed while working in the film industry in Los Angeles
- Sierra struggled with body image issues while growing up—you can bet living in LA didn’t help!
- After searching for a magazine that projected positivity to women, and NOT finding it, Sierra was inspired to take a leap of faith and create one.
- Starting a business is its own personal development workshop; it will reveal the deepest, darkest parts of yourself.
- Sierra admits that she knew NOTHING about starting a magazine, but she had the overwhelming passion to create something with which to help women.
- Sierra’s secret tool in any endeavor is gathering women around her until ideas take shape.
- Sierra’s biggest mistake was letting the world’s fears and beliefs impact her and her magazine.
- From her struggle, she developed her mission for Fun, Fabulous, and Feminine.
- How women gravitate to the super-playful, energetic experience of sisterhood
- Sierra limits herself to one big live event yearly and a mini virtual version, instead of constantly planning new things.
- Sierra’s tip for YOU
- Sierra explains the power of pleasure as a daily practice.
- A typical day for Sierra has high vibrations and balance, starting with a morning routine and ending with a “wind-down” routine.
- How Sierra depends on her Vision Wall to stay connected to her goals
- Why she keeps her tribe of sisters on speed dial!
- The best advice she’s received: “Just don’t get the easy ones wrong.” (Do the easy things now so they don’t trip you up later!)
- Sierra is inspired by “Mama Gina,” who teaches her that THIS work is important!
- Sierra’s mantra
Resources Mentioned on the Show:
A Gift for NSWE listeners: Visit www.lifestylized.com/juicy for Sierra’s Virtual Pleasure Kit!
The Game of Life by Florence Scovel Shinn
Did you enjoy this episode? Share your feedback…
Thank you for joining us for this episode! If you loved this episode, be sure to let us know by leaving an honest rating and review for the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more women entrepreneurs who want to design a business and life they love, find this resource and community!
Join us in the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook group…
Join our New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook Community to connect with like-minded women entrepreneurs from around the world who want to design a business and life they love! Click here to request access to this private Facebook group.