“The more distractions you have, the less you will get done.
Detox your computer screen!”
Today’s guest is a friend and colleague who models exactly what our show is all about. Sandra De Freitas is a top technology coach, speaker, trainer, teacher, author, and expert in internet technology. In addition to all of that, she is the mom of a busy, bouncing, one-year-old son. She launched her first business in 2005 and soon jumped into full-time entrepreneurship.
“I saw that entrepreneurs need help understanding technology and using it in their business to market themselves on the internet.”
In 2008, she founded WPBlogSites.com, a coaching, consulting, and training firm. Sandra authored the book Does this Blogsite Make My Wallet Look Fat? How to Use a WordPress Blogsite to Make Money, Attract Clients, and Gain Expert Celebrity Status. Her business specializes in WordPress blogsites and extending their functionality for entrepreneurs. Sandra has the unique combination of many talents and a supreme sense of humor!
Be sure to subscribe to the show to get your FREE automatic notifications and listen in on your phone when each new episode goes live!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Sandra’s mission: to help other entrepreneurs to not be afraid of technology
- How Sandra always wanted to be an entrepreneur because she loved the flexible scheduling opportunities
- Her biggest challenge came at a speaking engagement where she was challenged and her excitement was deflated.
- How that ONE BIG negative experience taught valuable lessons about letting others control you and your business
- Sandra’s business offers technical support in many ways to clients
- Clients purchase a package of hours of tech support that can be used at their convenience throughout the year.
- Sandra’s biggest power move was writing her book; her business became a six-figure business almost immediately!
- Sandra shares how she runs a successful company with 30 “techie” employees and manages to work TWO days each week!
- Sandra’s TOP tips?
- You don’t need every piece of technology. Write out goals and see what might be missing.
- Buy less, but make the most out of it.
- Eliminate what you have on your computer screen. Don’t be a “tabaholic!”
- Some of Sandra’s favorite techie tools: lists, EverNote, The 12 Week Year, and the ToDoIst app.
- The best advice she ever received: “Do something, even if it’s wrong.”
- Someone who inspires her: Anyone who has built a business full of integrity while staying grounded.
- Sandra’s mantra? “I’d rather be busy than bored.”
Resources Mentioned on the Show:
www.WPBlogsites.com – Sandra’s Website
The 12 Week Year by Brian Moran – Sandra’s Book Recommendation
Did you enjoy this episode? Share your feedback…
Thank you for joining us for this episode! If you loved this episode, be sure to let us know by leaving an honest rating and review for the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher to help spread the word about the show and help more women entrepreneurs who want to design a business and life they love, find this resource and community!
Join us in the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook group…
Join our New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook Community to connect with like-minded women entrepreneurs from around the world who want to design a business and life they love! Click here to request access to this private Facebook group.