“Am I going to make this work, or am I going to go back to a job?”
Welcome! My guest today is Rosetta Thurman, an Amazon #1 best-selling author of Launch Your Business and the founder of HappyBlackWoman.com. Rosetta has created a supportive community that empowers women all over the world to create lives of happiness, success, and freedom through personal development and entrepreneurship. She teaches women to build location-independent businesses. Rosetta is an avid traveler, catching up with us today from Buenos Aires, Argentina! She lives a simple, minimalist lifestyle, fitting everything she owns into ONE suitcase!
” You can’t depend on in-person clientele if you want true freedom!”
Be sure to subscribe to the show to get your FREE automatic notifications and listen in on your phone when each new episode goes live!
What you’ll learn in this episode:
- Rosetta’s mission is to be able to live and work from anywhere in the world.
- Rosetta calls herself “an accidental entrepreneur.”
- Her background is in fundraising for non-profits; she set out to become a leader in that field, but turned into a speaker, trainer, and consultant.
- She started her personal blog, “Diary of a Happy, Black Woman,” and realized that there were many other women out there who wanted the same thing.
- One of her biggest challenges came with the loss of a long-term consulting client in 2011; this forced her to re-evaluate her consistency in marketing.
- Rosetta created her 5 Steps to Consistent Income, which she now teaches to others:
- Stay focused.
- Have clarity.
- Figure out how to get paid.
- Leverage your online presence.
- Put yourself “out there.”
- Rosetta’s revenue comes from marketing and selling online courses, coaching programs, and products.
- Her consistent presence on social media and on her blogs gives a constant influx of customers.
- One of her best power moves was to attend a month-long retreat in Thailand a few years ago; this put her in the mindset of possibility and led to quitting her job in DC, moving to Hawaii, and focusing on her online business.
- Rosetta has tips about creating income streams that lead to location-independence. You can’t depend on in-person clientele if you want true freedom!
- Brand yourself as a GLOBAL marketplace with multiple streams of income.
- Rosetta shares her “typical” daily habits, including her index card “to-do” list.
- Her favorite tool: Dropbox
- Her best advice ever received was a realization from a mentor long ago: “You’s a FREE negro now!”
- Who inspires Rosetta? The women in her Happy Black Woman Tribe, because they know how to think outside the box.
- A favorite book? War of Art by Steven Pressfield
Get her free Life Mapping Workbook!
Resource partner gift for this episode:
Join us in the New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook group…
Join our New Superwoman Entrepreneur Facebook Community to connect with like-minded women entrepreneurs from around the world who want to design a business and life they love! Click here to request access to this private Facebook group.